France74 Rue de la Mollard
US830 Hayes Street, Apt 105
+1 415 802 3858
June 07-Today: User interface design, Google
Research, design, information architecture and interface development, including:
- User Experience Lead for YouTube monetization: Managing teams on both the Ad formats side - improving the ad viewing experience for YouTube viewers - and on the buying side for both reservation and performance based advertising - designing products that allow advertisers to easily create and optimise the most effective video ads
- YouTube Monetization: Designer, AdWords for video
- YouTube Annotations: Improving author experience and visual design of interacitive annotations on YouTube videos
- Video virality: Understanding how viral videos spread across the web and providing tools to uploaders to better understand the process. Our paper on the subject Catching a Viral Video, was selected for the JIIS Special Issue at the Social Interactions Analysis and Services Providers Conference at IEEE ICDM 2010
- YouTube Insight: Design and architecture of statistics tool for video uploaders
- Google Maps: HTML/CSS for transit information bubbles
- Google Base: redesign for the Feeds Dashboard of Google's Base product
June 03-May 07: Web & interface design & usability consultancy
Information architecture, design and construction of websites and web applications. Clients include Cambridge and Watford councils for Magpie; Travelocity for Dare Digital and McNab Snowboarding & Mountaineering.
May 00-June 03: Creative Director, UpMyStreet.com Ltd
Management of creative team for highly usable web, digital TV and information design complying with best practice, UK government and accessibility guidelines.
February 98-October 99: Designer/Developer, BBC News Online
Illustration, design and HTML/CSS, for News Online and BBC World Cup websites. WebScript & Objective-C coding for WebObjects templates. GUI development for BBC News OnLine Content Production System.
December 96-December 97: Web-design contractor, Auckland, New Zealand
Main employer ISP Telecom-XTRA. Production, illustration, photography and client management for their subscriber-oriented site. Several large projects for special clients of Telecom-XTRA: the official website for the America's Cup 2000; an online bookstore for Whitcoulls using the 'Intershop' e-commerce product.
October 95-December 96: Graphic design & production, The Ian Logan Design Company
Packaging design, illustration and artwork (photographic and digital). Clients included Fortnum and Mason, Waitrose, Halfords, Boots the Chemist and Whittard of Chelsea.
August 95-October 95: Web Designer, Friends of the Earth
Design and HTML, for 'The Chemical Release Inventory', an indexed, searchable database of all emissions from factories in England and Wales.